Saturday, September 27, 2008

Favorite recipe from Mom!

This weekend's theme at Today's Housewife is favorite recipes from Mom or another relative. I want to share with you my favorite recipe from mom. It's Chocolate Pie. She always made them at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now, I have the pleasure of making them. Here it is.

Chocolate Pie

3 Cups Sugar
3 Cups Milk
4 Egg Yellows
2/3 Cup Flour
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
10 Tablespoons Cocoa

Mix all dry ingredients. Add all other ingredients, mixing well. Cook in double boiler until thickened stirring continuously. Pour into already baked pie shells. Add meringue and brown. Makes 2 pies.

2 comments:

KLee said...

You can't beat a tasty chocolate pie! Thanks for stopping by TH.

Proud Mommy said...

Oh, I am so glad I found this recipe. My mil always makes one at the holidays put she uses the pudding mix. I can't wait to try this recipe!!!!
Thanks!!!